Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Vineyard


Saturday, when it was very mild, Zan and I went for an early morning walk (I was walking - he was in the stroller).  I know what you're thinking...stroller?  Isn't he a little old for a stroller?  Our walk to school is a mile both ways - sometimes he walks, sometimes he rides.  The stroller is a nice backup.  We've agreed that when he is five years old it will be time to give up the stroller - six more months. 

Anyway, throughout the walk he kept talking about how it "felt" like the Vineyard.  It was early morning so it was very quiet and  we also heard a lot of birds singing, as we do on the Vineyard.  It was also warm and foggy, which I'm sure reminded him of summer mornings on the Vineyard when the fog doesn't burn off to ten or so.  It amazed me that he  has such strong impressions of the Vineyard at his age.

I've been meaning to post this poem that Zoe wrote in school at the end of second grade, shortly before summer vacation.  


2 comments:

teamfunbaby said...

that moved me, i must say...knowing all there is to know about the vineyard and it already bveing such a strong "place" for zan...**sniff***

Chester County Library Business Blog said...

what a sweet post :)