Saturday, September 4, 2010

Kayaking on Turkey Pond

For years I have wanted to photograph our kayaking adventures, but I've always been afraid to bring along a camera....water, kayaks, kids, camera...just doesn't seem like a good combination!  Yesterday I threw caution to the wind and took along my cheap little point and shoot in a plastic baggie and hoped for the best.  Our favorite place to kayak is Turkey Pond.  It is close by and is always a good place to see wildlife - mainly herons and turtles, although we keep hoping for a moose.  

One of the big draws of Turkey Pond is the docks - the perfect spot for a swim.  


Zan learned to dive this summer, with a little help from Zoe!  She's been great about showing him how to do sitting dives and knee dives, as well as encouraging him every step of the way.



It's cramped quarters in our kayak!   Fortunately Cheryl joined us yesterday, so Zoe shared her kayak and the rest of us squeezed into our kayak, but Zan doesn't even fit comfortably in the jump seat anymore.  On the way back he balanced on the bow!




No comments: