Wednesday, September 23, 2009

War Games

What is it about little boys and war games?

Carter

This past weekend we drove to Poughkeepsie for my brother Duncan's 40th Surprise Birthday Party. It was a great weekend - full of family, friends and good food. The party was at an italian restaurant and Duncan was caught completely off guard. Margaret had arranged for a friend to do karaoke, which the kids LOVED. Zan did an adorable rendition of "Sweet Caroline." Somehow we managed to sleep thirteen people under Duncan and Margaret's roof! I completely blew a million photo opportunities...the only photos I managed to get of the weekend are the boys playing war games in their camouflage gear! Zan was in heaven - running around with his three older male cousins like "army guys," as he puts it. The whole "army guy" thing is a little disconcerting....I just keep telling myself that it is a phase.

No comments: