This afternoon Zoe is at a pool birthday party. It dawned on me late this morning that it was unlikely any of her suits from the summer would fit, so we dug out the summer clothes, found three suits, tried them all on - no luck. Off we went, on a mission, to find a swimsuit in February. Fortunately that is not too hard, since stores seem to stock items three to four months BEFORE you need them. It was like shopping for a swimsuit for myself, in that we had to try on five or six suits before we found one that fit, covered the right parts, AND was comfortable.
I've been worrying about this day for years. When I had a say, her wardrobe mainly consisted of Lands End and LL Bean clothing because I didn't want my little girl wearing things that looked so teenage-ish. Now she wants that look, which I can live with, but nothing fits right. She is a size sixteen, which is the end of the line in girls clothes, but she doesn't have a junior body, so now what??? I guess we'll just keep spending our free time in dressing rooms.
1 comment:
this post brought back a lot of memories. i hope Zoe found a suit she likes and that fits. and you're right... seeing swimsuits on the rack in February is little overwhelming!
Post a Comment