Monday, April 26, 2010

Vineyard Day

Yesterday was a gorgeous sunny day on the Vineyard. First we stopped at "The Flying Horses" for a few turns on the carousel, then it was off to Lucy Vincent Beach for lunch, a walk and just playing on the beach. As we were leaving we saw a seal playing in the surf. Every once in a while his jet black head popped up out of the water.

Our perfect day at the beach ended with a different kind of wildlife experience back at the Lagoon. Zan, Zoe and I were wandering down the beach, looking for shells, rocks and sea glass. As we rounded the point, Zoe and I were remembering the time last spring when we came upon a mother goose sitting on her nest. As we wondered aloud if geese nest in the same place every year, we heard a noise from the hill above us. A mother goose was running toward us quickly, hissing! Then she attacked, flying straight for us! Zoe & I ran one way, while Zan ran the other way. Poor Zan got the worst of it. She hit him with her wing, almost knocking him over and scratched his foot with her feet. I threw rocks at the goose (and screamed and yelled according to Zoe) to keep her at bay so that Zan could get past her and down the beach to where Zoe was waiting. Guess we'll never know if it was the same mother goose as last year, but I do know we'll stay away from that section of the beach from now on!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

teamfunbaby said...

love the pics. what beautiful water!!!

Melissa said...

great pictures! it looks like it was a great day!