Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Berry Picking



Picking berries is a big part of our summer!  We were only able to pick strawberries once because the season is so short and we were on the vineyard for most of it.  Of the ones we picked, we ate most of them, made a Strawberry Rhubarb pie with some of them and put the remainder in the freezer for smoothies during the winter.   Last Wednesday morning all four of us went to Apple Hill to pick blueberries and these raspberries.  Yummy!  We ate most of the raspberries, put a few in a blueberry pie and froze the rest.   





2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Pam!
I love your blog! I remembered you showing it to us on the Vineyard. It inspired me to create my own - I'm hooked! Check it out @ www.exposuresfromlife.blogspot.com

It was so great to see you, Zan and Zoe on the Vineyard... I wish we had more time together. I love all of your photos, especially the ones of your touring adventures. The banner picture on my blog is actually of Long Point on MV - I found it while browsing beach pictures on Google.

Hope all is well!
-Melissa

Melissa said...

I'm glad you like my blog. You can definitely add the link to your bloglist!

I got my banner picture from Google. You can search "long point panoramic" under images and it should come up that way.

Blogging is a lot fun... I started one a few years ago but never really knew what to do or say... I guess it wasn't meant to be then. I'm getting my Mom started on her blog and will keep you posted.

Ivy started one too. You got us all hooked! Her's is: www.ivystraka.blogspot.com
I need to make a bloglist, too, to keep track of all of them!

love,
melissa