Zoe and her buddy Lizzy, on the first day of school.
She was so excited about the first day of school that she woke up at 5:30 AM and was dressed by 5:37 AM. How can she be old enough for third grade? It seems like just the other day she was starting preschool. No, it seems like just the other day she was learning how to roll over! This is the fourth year (sixth if you can preschool) that I've sent her off to school. I still get choked up. I was glad I had sunglasses on this morning when I waved goodbye to her on the school lawn because I had tears in my eyes. I guess it is hard because with every year and every milestone, she is moving farther away from me. Yes, I know that is the goal - to raise a secure, well-adjusted, independent child, but the letting go is sooooo hard. I will think about her today as she maneuvers through her first day of third grade without me...having conversations and interactions with her new teacher,old friends, new friends and people I don't know. I'll hear about some of it this afternoon and tonight, but not all of it...
2 comments:
OK reading this I got choked up! intense...i can completely relate even though i am not there yet,. somehow i see it now when she grows out of her 18 months clothes. I have to let go, but i dont want to yet i want to cause its best and so forth, in the end it is emotional and beautiful. and in the end all we have is each second to hold onto and be in as fully as we can.
It sounds like Zoe was ready for third grade to begin! The pictures are great. This time of year is very emotional. I remember my Mom crying every year Ivy and I went back to school, even on my first day of college!! Don't worry, there are more years of crying to come!!
Post a Comment