Sunday, December 7, 2008

Purple Finches Concert

Zoe sings with a choral group called "The Purple Finches" at the community music school.  Last night they sang in a concert, along with two other local choral groups and  folk singer, Christine Lavin.  The kids were amazing (ages 5-14)!  They performed alone, with Christine and with both other groups!  Whoever organized the concert obviously doesn't have children or doesn't remember having small children...it began at 8:00 PM and didn't end until 10:30 PM.  At least one finch fell asleep in her seat while waiting to perform again, and I saw one of the littlest finches rest her head on the shoulder of the girl next to her while performing the last song.  

I'm so sad that I don't have video to share because they sounded fabulous, but here are some photos of one of the rehearsals with Christine prior to the show. 

Christine Lavin & The Purple Finches

The Purple Finches rehearsing with their director, Maria.  

1 comment:

Melissa said...

wow, what a great thing to be apart of. great pics!