Sunday, September 21, 2008

ALLIE IS HOME!

I was inside washing windows this afternoon when I heard Zoe, Lizzy and Zan yelling, "It's Allie!  It's Allie!"  I could tell by the tone of Zoe's voice that it was really her.  Zoe and Lizzy had heard her meowing, but at first they couldn't tell find her.   Finally they spotted her underneath our neighbor's porch.  He had been working on replacing the lattice work this week.  She must have gone under at some point and then got stuck there once he replaced it all.  

She was gone for six long nights.  Every night I worried about her....imaging her  cold, scared, hungry...We are SO glad to have her home.  She is filthy!  I thought she would go directly to her food and water when she got in the house, but first she did a quick tour of the house.  Next she drank a lot of water, walked around some more and finally came back for food.  She is very happy to be scratched and stroked...lots of purring.  Right now she is cleaning her fur in her favorite spot - our bed.  

2 comments:

Melissa said...

i'm glad to hear she's back home :)

teamfunbaby said...

"yay" "yay" and once again "yay!"
really so awesome and so beautiful how it happened that the kids found her...i love it...i am so ahppy you have your cat back in her favorite places...