Thursday, June 25, 2009

Robin's Nest

I like to think that if I were a mother robin I would have better instincts than this bird who built her nest in our "tree fort" (we call it a tree fort, but it is not connected in anyway to a tree...). Our yard is NOT a quiet place...not only are there our kids AND the neighborhood kids and friends, but for the past two weeks our street has been a construction zone due to repaving. Every morning at 7:00 AM a crew arrives with loud trucks and equipment! The kids are staying out of the fort, but we haven't banned the sandbox or the swings. The "tree fort" is directly above the sandbox and right next to the swings and monkey bars. The kids literally play within two to three feet of the nest. What WAS she thinking?

1 comment:

S/V Andante said...

I have bluebirds that nest in the box I put right next to my garden. I'm always so nervous about going near them. They seem to do Ok though. It's amazing how quickly they go from nesting to hatching to flying away.

The Coast Guard cutter in our blog was in Cape May at the CG station so nothing to worry about. Cheers, Alison